TERMS OF REFERENCE
CAPACITY BUILDING CONSULTANT
The Caribbean Regional Network of People Living with HIV and AIDS (CRN+) is the regional umbrella organization advocating for and on behalf of Persons Living with HIV (PLHIV). The organisation was established on September 28, 1996 and has been governed by the community of PLHIV and has worked consistently to ensure that the concerns of the community, as identified by its members, have been tabled at various national, regional and international fora.
Over the past 23 years the CRN+ has been working tirelessly on our primary role: Advocacy of the community of PLHIV. Our programme of work includes, as one strategic action, the promotion of persons living with HIV affiliate networks; health, dignity and the prevention needs of PLHIV; peer support, building organisational capacity and business and service delivery at grassroots, national, and regional by persons living with HIV groups and organisations through Networking, Advocacy, Capacity Building, Leadership, Coordination and Resource Mobilization.
The Caribbean Regional Network of People Living with HIV and AIDS (CRN+) has received a grant from the Caribbean Vulnerable Communities Coalition (CVC) through funding from The Global Fund to support a Multi-Country Caribbean Regional Project. Under the grant, CRN+ will be implementing a project entitled “Improving PLHIV Engagement in the Caribbean”. The proposed project will seek to increase and improve the capacity of the CRN+ Affiliates to foster new partnerships and develop new strategies to support resource mobilisation. Such improvement will address areas such as financial sustainability and how to mobilise funds and other resources including technical support to become financially self-reliant.
CRN+ would like to contribute to the continuation of building the capacity of its affiliates to foster partnerships and mobilise their own resources. To this end, the CRN+ seeks a qualified Capacity Building Consultant to develop training toolkit and conduct the capacity building training.
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
CRN+ would like to contract the services of a Consultant to develop a Training Toolkit focused on strategic communication (for resource mobilisation) and resource mobilisation and delivery of capacity building sessions.
This process will ensure that CRN+ networks’ equipped to continue building their capacity to foster partnerships and mobilise their own resources focusing on sustainability.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision and support of the Senior Programme Officer, CRN+, the Consultant will be responsible for:
- Development of a Training Toolkit for delivery of capacity building sessions on the following areas: strategic communication (for resource mobilisation); resource mobilisation and Mapping.
- Development of a Facilitators’ Guide to support the delivery of the training
- Conduct Virtual Training of the toolkit following: strategic communication (for resource mobilisation); resource mobilisation and Mapping.
The consultant will provide the following deliverables:
- Submission of Training Toolkit for delivery of capacity building sessions on the following areas: strategic communication (for resource mobilisation); resource mobilisation and Mapping.
- Submission of the Facilitators’ Guide to support the delivery of the training.
- A detailed report on the training provided.
The Consultant will be contracted for a period of 16 working days between the period July 13 – July 31, 2020 (10 days – training toolkit and facilitators’ guide; 3 days training delivery; 3 days reporting).
We are looking for a consultant with experience in working with NGOs and experience on capacity building. The consultant should have:
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience of curriculum development and conducting trainings and workshops in similar areas.
- Good track record working with NGOs or organisations of similar nature (especially within the Caribbean) with the focus on capacity building and institutional strengthening.
- Experience in content delivery utilizing online modalities.
- Experience in content creation and delivery for low literate groups.
- Good relational and communication skills (in writing and verbally).
The total cost of the consultancy is Four Thousand Eight Hundred United States Dollars (US$4,800). The Consultant shall be paid a professional fee at a rate of US$300.00 per day for 16 days.
- A cover letter
- Curriculum vitae outlining relevant experience
Deadline for submission is July 1, 2020 at 5:00 pm EST to be emailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Capacity Building Consultant and addressed to Senior Programme Officer – CRN+.