Caribbean Regional Network of People Living with HIV and AIDS (CRN+) is the authentic voice of Caribbean people living with HIV and AIDS. CRN+ is committed to empowering and supporting persons infected and affected by HIV and AIDS through advocacy, research, partnership, capacity building and resource mobilization. CRN+ currently works with 17 national affiliates in the English, Spanish, French and Dutch Caribbean. CRN+ is the regional umbrella organisation that advocates for, and on behalf of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and is the only organisation of its kind in the region.
The Caribbean Regional Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS (CRN+) is the authentic voice of Caribbean People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIV). As a full and equal partner in the collaborative fight against HIV/AIDS, CRN+ is driven by PLHIV making a meaningful difference to their lives.
The Caribbean Regional network of people Living with HIV/AIDS (CRN+) is committed to empowering and supporting persons infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS through advocacy, research, partnership, capacity-building and resource mobilization.
To facilitate access to information exchange, advocacy, lobbying and capacity building of PLWHA in the wider Caribbean.
- To create awareness of HIV/AIDS through a personal experiential approach, while emphasizing the particular vulnerability of certain groups of people to HIV infection.
- To encourage formation of support groups of people living with HIV/AIDS where they are non-existent and strengthen existing ones.
- To develop a strong and independent network which can speak and act clearly and forcefully in respect of issues concerning PLHIV.
- To lobby governments to protect the basic human rights of all people living with HIV/AIDS, including the right to health care, employment, travel and insurance.
- To engage in the continuous monitoring and evaluation of the issues and needs of PLHIV in the Caribbean.
- To advocate for all biomedical and social research to be ethical, clearly explained, strictly monitored and that the participants share the benefits of their outcome and are fully insured against the potential negative effects of some drugs.
- To lobby for the full participation of people living with HIV/AIDS in relevant decision- making bodies at the local, national and international levels.
- To strengthen alliances and partnership with relevant bodies and agencies working on HIV/AIDS nationally, regionally and internationally.
- Share information available on current findings related to HIV/AIDS across the region.
- To educate the public on the aims and objects of the Network.
- To initiate, advocate and /or support conferences, seminars, training courses, workshops and research on issues related to PLHIV in the Caribbean.